About Me

My photo
Generally just trying to get my book published!!

Tuesday 22 March 2011

That first baby step

Tribal Heart. That is the title to my first novel.

  I'm Bea. Nineteen, working part time and, somehow, already slowing my pace through life. I'm learning that taking the time to stop and take a look around might take an extra few moments, and no, I’m not going to say heroically 'BUT IT WILL SAVE TIME LATER ON IN LIFE', No. I'm scrambling through the dark, just like Bilbo Baggins in Gollum’s Cave, and instead of trying to turn the light on in my thinking, I'm asking, what’s so bad about the darkness, anyway? Why can't I, as an individual, just stop, sit down, cross my legs and not have to worry about anything.

Tribal Heart. That is the first title to my, unpublished, novel.
I've recently just been surfing through Google, clicking and re-clicking on Literary Agents who might accept a submission from me.
  At first you get this burst of adrenaline. As you other writers and aspiring authors might have experienced, and the once you've trudged your way through countless agencies, you loose the heart.
Not the heart for writing. I believe that if you write for yourself, and honestly enjoy it, you can't really ever loose the heart for writing. But you loose the heart for trying to get your book out there, read and liked by the 'important' people.

 That moment came for me only ten minutes ago. It was the moment I'd seen the words 'attatch CV' for the eighth or so time this evening. The question, 'what has my CV got to do with my book?' tickled around the sensitive areas in my brain.
Now, yes, we are in a society where people with degrees and the right qualifications get to achieve at a faster pace than those who haven't got the essentials.
The obvious answer would be, go back to school, get yourself onto a course in UNI or part time in college. Yet I can't really agree with education being the answer for success as my thought for writing came not when I was IN school, but after I dropped out of sixth form.
Again, I have no real dis-like for academics, but I find I feel more spontaneous, free-thinking and fresh when I'm not sitting behind a desk. And so I'm watching my Dad, as he's sat behind the computer screen, having just opened up a Facebook account to 'spread to Rebel' and I'm wondering, why conform now, when another option for my book to be published is by trying it myself.

So this is my first blog, in the hope that, eventually, I’ll have, not only supporters, but the courage to take the next baby step into self publishing Tribal Heart.

Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment