About Me

My photo
Generally just trying to get my book published!!

Friday 25 March 2011

Tribal Heart- taster

This is the first page and a half from my book. I've basically just copy and pasted it here. Please tell me what you think, either here, on Facebook or Twitter or even on an email. I'll leave the links at the bottom of the page. Hope you like it....


Tribal Heart
By
Elizabeth L. Fallon


Harriet Skies is a young Shape-Shifter. Still learning about the dangers of her ability, Harriet is forced to leave her home and her family and set out on a long journey to find safety half way across the world. 
Along the way she falls in love with her brother’s best friend, shelters a wanted murderer and plans a wedding.
But is Love a weakness? And can she ever be happy if she is always on the run?
Bitter sweet Fantasy Romance



CHAPTER 1

I was curled up in a ball, against a stone cold floor. There were bars, much like a prison cell, but no window. No freedom, only bare chilling skin, stagnant air and dark shadows that hummed like an all men’s choir. Deep, dark, Sad.
My ears rang and my body ached from when id been hauled, half conscious into this cube, equivalent to the space of a kennel. It crossed my mind that perhaps they hadn’t even bothered to stitch me up this time. Let me bleed and rot to death. I was already half way there.
One question burned within me throughout it all- Where was he?
I’d been certain that through sacrificing myself, I would have found him here; in much like the state I was now.
 Both of us could have escaped, because together we could do anything. 
But he wasn’t here. I was. And I knew there wasn’t a chance of escaping alone.
Accepting the recurring thought that I was going to die, I gladly looked back over my life, how everything had changed from the girl with nothing meaningful to who I was now. Glad I’d found love, my very own tribe and my animal.

GROWN UP
  My life was a blank canvas. And I am not referring to a clear mind or a religious status. I am saying it was simply empty. I had a loving, supportive family, more money than anyone could wish for…and options. However, there was something missing.
   Have you ever seen one of those time-travel films? The ones where the usually middle aged man - with a wife and two children - goes into the future and discovers that something may have gone wrong somewhere along the way, so they change it only to then find themselves in a completely new future, one where they had lost everything that was good, learn that their life truly had been a blessing.
Well, in short, this was extremely close to the fate I was living. Somewhere along the way I may have disregarded the very few chances…a chance too many, perhaps.
I felt like an old woman at the end of her life. Of course, I knew I would not be going near a coffin for a very long time, but I felt myself in that long, sometimes lonely moment, just waiting for whatever was coming next. The spark of life that I needed to set the fire burning.
 When you’re not living your fate, even after only eighteen birthdays, you can feel lost or at least not found yet. I could’ve hoped and dreamt and acted, but according to what?
Dramatic it may seem, but there was something more to life. I could feel it deep within me.
And so it all began one afternoon, while I’m standing in the rain waiting… waiting. I’m not sure of what I was waiting for, but whenever I remember coming to this particular place, I felt a familiar impulse to go searching for something, but what? That I didn’t know. So I came to the conclusion of staying were I was in the hope that something would find me. Harriet Skies…



beingbea@live.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment